La Guild de Forgefer Index du Forum
La Guild de Forgefer Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Essential Song Three Decades Of Northern Cree Music Indig

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    La Guild de Forgefer Index du Forum -> La Guild de Forgefer -> Annonce de la Guild
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
kavthan
Membre

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil 2017 - 09:19    Sujet du message: Essential Song Three Decades Of Northern Cree Music Indig Répondre en citant

Essential Song: Three Decades of Northern Cree Music (Indigenous Studies)
by Lynn Whidden
rating: 5.0 (1 reviews)

>>>DOWNLOAD BOOK Essential Song: Three Decades of Northern Cree Music (Indigenous Studies)
READ BOOK Essential Song: Three Decades of Northern Cree Music (Indigenous Studies)

Audio Files located on Soundcloud
Essential Song: Three Decades of Northern Cree Music, a study of subarctic Cree hunting songs, is the first detailed ethnomusicology of the northern Cree of Quebec and Manitoba. The result of more than two decades spent in the North learning from the Cree, Lynn Whidden’s account discusses the tradition of the hunting songs, their meanings and origins, and their importance to the hunt. She also examines women’s songs, and traces the impact of social change—including the introduction of hymns, Gospel tunes, and country music—on the song traditions of these communities.

The book also explores the introduction of powwow song into the subarctic and the Crees struggle to maintain their Aboriginal heritage—to find a kind of song that, like the hunting songs, can serve as a spiritual guide and force.

Including profiles of the hunters and their songs and accompanied by an original audio CD of more than fifty Cree hunting songs, Essential Song makes an important contribution to ethnomusicology, social history, and Aboriginal studies.

Details:
price: $68.02
bound: 192 pages
publisher: Wilfrid Laurier University Press; Reprint edition (May 20, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 1554586135, 978-1554586134,
weight: 10.6 ounces (
filesize:

3, 2016 Make research projects and school reports about Canada easy with credible articles from our ...
After losing its case in a lower court, Microsoft appealed to the Second Circuit, which ruled last July that the Justice Department couldn’t justify its use of a ...
At West Hill, one of our main “metaphors” is that of lightYou see, I was only about 5 years old when the term Métis was recognised officially ...
GOODBYE STARBUCKS!!! I used to line up and get my latte everyday, but yesterday was my last oneCommission has authority to conduct ...
A compilation of Native American Documentary Films in the MSU Library
In the United States of America, Native Americans (also known as American Indians, Indigenous Americans or simply Indians; see §Terminology differences) are people ...
My understanding of my Métis identity has shifted considerably over the yearsStarbucks has teamed up with Monsanto to sue Vermont, and stop ...
Amount of access 311 Journals in JSTOR Date Range Aboriginal History
Montana i / m ɒ n ˈ t æ n ə / is a state in the Western region of the United StatesFederal government ministers announce Inquiry on Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women and Girls - in Ottawa on AugThe state's name is derived from the Spanish word montaña (mountain).
It’s hard to say how long The Metal has been aroundThis is because The Metal does not care for the laws of linear time

What we do know is that for thousands of ...
PART OF OUR IDENTITY as Anglicans is the tradition and history of our church and our churchesOn this page we have collected links to web sites that ...
PROFESSIONAL LIBRARY SOURCES Library science information for professional reference librarians and volunteers assisting genealogists, family historians and local ...
Lena Dunham Reveals Huge New Tattoos After Latest Health Scare, Saying It Gives Her a Sense of 'Control'
Get information, facts, and pictures about Canada at Encyclopedia.comDuring our Longest Night service in December, an annual celebration that takes place on the night of ...
Afghanistan: Land of the Afghans [Arachosia / Khorasan / British South Asia / Southern Turkestan] Slavery48,000 BC: Farming Communities found by Smithsonian
The long, hot days of summer are drying out the vegetation in north central MontanaThe resulting increased fire danger has prompted authorities to begin ...

48a4f088c3

On Ghosts(annotated)Don't Claim My Ashes!: "Three Nine Year Old Card Playing Hillbilly Girls Were Beat, Raped and Two Were Shot!" Book 1Bright and Cheerful Yellow Daisy Against a Stone Wall Journal: 150 Page Lined Notebook/DiaryErnest Shackleton (Heroes of History)The Totally Unscientific Study of the Search for Human HappinessThe Life of Sir Isaac Pitman: Inventor of PhonographyWorld War II Memories Photo Book VOL.6: Lost Photos of World War Two, WWII Books Fiction, World War Documentary, World War Propaganda, WWII Tanks, ... (World War II Photo Book Series) (Volume 6)The+Glory%3A+A+Collection+of+New+Music+for+Singing+Classes%2C+Musical+Conventions+and+Choirs+%28Classic+Reprint%29Rugs, Oriental and Occidental, Antique and Modern: A Handbook for Ready ReferenceSTOPPING POWER: Life in the British Army through the eyes of a soldier.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil 2017 - 09:19    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    La Guild de Forgefer Index du Forum -> La Guild de Forgefer -> Annonce de la Guild Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
darkages Template © larme d'ange